Monday, April 21, 2008

Training



Cecilia and Momlissa will be running in a 2K next Saturday, and Cici is getting both nervous and excited about it. She's nervous because she wants to win (we've tried to warn her that this is extremely unlikely), and excited for obvious reasons. Over the weekend she ran a practice run with Dadam, and together they did the whole distance while only stopping to rest a few times. I think she's going to do a great job come Race Day.

Yesterday she asked if I would go running with her in the afternoon, but I desperately needed to do some laundry and other miscellaneous cleaning in the basement. Since we have a treadmill down there, she asked if maybe she could run on the treadmill instead. Normally she's not allowed to use the treadmill because she's too little and it's not safe, but I gave in and stood nearby while she ran for a few minutes. She didn't love it and the run only lasted a very short while, but I did manage to snap a few pictures of my runner in-the-making. Between her runs with her parents and swim class each week, it's only a matter of time before she's kicking ass in the Olympics. I'm just sayin'...

No comments: