Monday, June 23, 2008

A Summer Weekend

It was a fun-filled summer weekend this past weekend, and we had some memorable moments from both of our girls, but a few things Cici said really stood out. Here are some of the highlights:


Cici watching Momlissa do a strength-training workout on DVD:

CICI: Why do those girls get skinnier but you don’t?

MOMLISSA: I don’t know. Why, do you think I should be skinnier?

CICI: [thinking hard, then] Uh…no?

A minute later…


CICI: Mommy, look at your shirt! It’s all bunched up because it’s too big for you. That’s because you keep getting skinnier!

Such a sweet girl – recognizing she had possibly hurt my feelings and working quickly to rectify the situation.

On Sunday we caught some of the pre-Olympic diving on television, a favorite event of mine and a sport that I’d like Cici to participate in someday. When I suggested that maybe she could go to the Olympics in diving when she’s older she said, “Yeah!” A little while later she looks at me and very seriously asks, “Mom, do you think I can go to the Olympics in diving and swimming?” And of course I told her yes because, really, who am I to get in her way? It’s good to have goals.

Other than that it was a great weekend. We swam, we grilled, we ate ice cream, we went to the park, we all got too much sun, we watched a softball game in the out-of-doors, everybody’s kidneys worked properly…what more can our little family ask for?!

No comments: