Friday, December 19, 2008

The Love Affair Continues

Last night we went out for Vietnamese food so we could keep our kitchen clean and eat a meal that somebody else cooks (yay!). Cecilia has been a fan of pho (a delicious Vietnamese soup) for some time, but last night she decided to branch out and try something new. We started with fresh spring rolls (sort of like egg rolls but not fried and served cold). She ate her portion, then the rest of my portion, and then the rest of Ruby's portion. It came with a rather thick dipping sauce, so when the spring rolls were all gone she simply picked up her fork and started eating the sauce on its own. Then came some cream cheese wontons and, though I have some doubts about their authenticity in Vietnamese cuisine, they are a known family favorite. How can you go wrong with deep-fried cream cheese? And again, Cecilia ate her portion plus some of Ruby's and some of Dadam's (I can hold my own when it comes to fried food, thankyouverymuch). And then the entree that the ladies shared -- a chicken stir-fry with vegetables. And yet again, Cici ate more than both me and Ruby. Just like most people, Cecilia enjoys pizza and burgers and - more recently - tater tot hotdish, but it amuses me to no end how much my daughter likes Vietnamese food.

No comments: