Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Independent Women

Last night I had the girls with me at a meeting, and about halfway through I started to come down with a migraine. By the time I had the girls packed up in the van and on the way home, the migraine had gotten significantly worse and I was in agony. I calmly told the girls that when we got home I would need them to put themselves to bed because I wasn't feeling well and needed to lie down (and, as it turns out, vomit). They quickly agreed but I assumed - based on past experience - that this was a long-shot at best.

The rest of the night is a blur, as I spent the rest of it on the floor and whimpering in the dark. Dadam was out at a meeting of his own until 10:30, so he came home to a quiet house with three sleeping girls.

This morning when I woke up the migraine was gone and I went in to thank the girls for their cooperation last night. It was only then that I found out Cecilia had helped Ruby go potty and brush her teeth, as well as help Ruby put on proper pajamas. Then she did the same for herself, and turned on the closet light that we keep on as a nightlight before crawling into bed herself.

She is SUCH a good kid.

No comments: