Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Huh?!

Cecilia came home with her spelling pre-test on Monday, and managed to get all the words right on her first try. This year, like last year, the teacher offers an alternate spelling list that is more challenging for those students who are especially good spellers; kids who get everything right on the pre-test are given this list.

I thought the alternate lists were hard last year in first grade, so you can imagine my surprise when Cecilia brought these words home:

caterpillar
chrysalis
scales
proboscis
antennae
monarch
spinneret
cremaster
cycle
tarsi

I don't even know what some of those words mean. Anyway, we practice with her over the course of the week in preparation for the Friday test, and that little shit spelled every single word right this morning. It's only Wednesday and she's only 7. I'm pretty sure she's been smarter than me since she was at least 4...

No comments: