Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Odds & Ends

Our summer is rapidly coming to an end as the three girls all head back to school (and for one of us it's been a long, long time). We have Cecilia's open house tonight, two days of grad school orientation already complete, and Ruby is so excited to go to big-girl school that she could burst. I think we're all ready.

At the beginning of summer I remember feeling a little nervous about how this was all going to go, and I'm happy to report that it was a success. I can also report that it might very well be the busiest summer of my adult life. There were trips out-of-town and trips to the park and appointments and lessons and swimming and play dates and birthday parties and weekend visits from loved ones and triathlons and bike rides and slip'n'slides and gardening and Valleyfair and a proper vacation to the Black Hills. This summer was FULL (and my list didn't include the cleaning and organizing that got shoved in here and there, too).

I'm ready for school to start, but I'm also going to be sad next week when we walk Cecilia to the bus on her first day. Because, as busy and hectic as our summer has been, I ended almost each and every day by telling Dadam how great the girls are, or how much I love them, or what special kids I think they are (he had a hunch anyway :) ).

I'm glad we were able to make this little adventure work, and I'm grateful to my husband for letting his three girls live a life of leisure for the summer. It was a magical summer for me. I might even try and do it again next year...

No comments: