Thursday, April 29, 2010

Biker Chick

Tuesday night I came home to find Dadam and Cecilia playing in the front yard, both of them looking mischievous as I greeted them. We were going to grab some dinner and it was getting late, so I wanted to get everyone hustled into the van. But where was Ruby?

And then she came racing toward me, riding her bike like a maniac. WITH NO TRAINING WHEELS!

Dadam has been wanting to take them off for a few weeks now, but I was convinced it was too soon and that she would need the summer to work on her balance. It had nothing to do with not wanting her to grow up. Honest. I swear. But he waited until I was gone and they took off those training wheels in a covert operation.

Nevertheless, she's taken to it like a duck to water, and yesterday the girls and I even biked to Target and back to pick up some groceries. It will be fun to do some biking together as a family this summer, but I'm also a little heartsick about how fast this whole "childhood" business is going.

No comments: