Friday, October 29, 2010

Politics.


This morning I was watching the local news and Ruby was playing on the floor next to me (pretending that two school buses were crashing into each other, if you must know) and the commercials on television are all related to the upcoming election. If this isn't happening where you live, please tell me so we can come hang out there until next Wednesday. At one point an ad caught Ruby's attention and she asked if that's who we were voting for and I told her, NO!, we're NOT voting for Tom Emmer (I might have even made some puking noises). And then she said the funniest thing:

"Oh, yeah. Cici told me."

I wanted to know more about this, so I asked for some details and she went on to explain that the other day they saw some political ads and that Cecilia had explained to her who Mom and Dad were voting for and what the ads were about (i.e., persuading people to vote for that particular candidate). I was shocked.

We've never been shy about sharing our political ideologies with the girls, but it strikes me as a little bit hilarious that they are now having their own conversations about politics and that Cecilia has this level of understanding about our current gubernatorial election.

I guess I should have had an inkling when, at Ruby's 4-year old check-up, our pediatrician asked if she was going to go to preschool. When she said yes, the doctor asked if she knew what school she was going to. And Ruby responded, "Yes. It's the place where we go to vote for Obama."

No comments: