Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cookie Dough.


Last fall Cici was part of a fundraiser for school and was asked to sell tubs of cookie dough. To fulfill the obligation, she and I sat down at the dining room table, I handed her my phone, and we just started calling our relatives and closest friends.

It turns out we have some very generous friends and relatives.

In particular, a college friend of Adam's who also lives in our city - we call him Pasty - purchased a lot of cookie dough. He wanted me to find out how much he needed to buy in order for her to "win" and I told him numerous times that I had no way of knowing how much other kids were selling. He ended up buying A LOT.

When all the cookie dough arrived and we picked it up for delivery, the fundraising coordinator pulled me aside and told me Cici had, in fact, sold more cookie dough than anyone else in the school. About $500 worth.

The grand prize was 2 tickets to Smucker's Stars on Ice, and we thought it only fitting that she go with Pasty since he probably put her right over the top. He called yesterday to tell us he also intends to take her to brunch at one of our city's finest and fanciest restaurants. She's excited to get dressed up and go claim her prize.

It's a fun little adventure for her today, but also an opportunity for me to thank all of you who supported her in this effort. Thank you for supporting her school, and her, and for being such a loving network for our family. And just think, if you buy the most cookie dough next year, you might just get to see the world's best skaters with my daughter!

Thanks, everyone!

No comments: