Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Tale of Two Girls


Ruby has been sick the past few days, her main symptoms being vomiting and general lethargy. This morning it's clear that she's pretty much back to herself and we're completely relieved. When Cici gets sick I think, "It's probably nothing," but when Ruby gets sick I think, "Maybe it's happening again..." Frankly, it can be terrifying. It doesn't help that when you look up symptoms on WebMD, renal failure comes up for just about anything. Including vomiting and general lethargy.

She's already dressed and ready for school and super excited because today is a field trip to the planetarium. All is well.

----


For the past week or so, Cecilia has been asking for a pedometer. My best guess is that this started with a fundraiser at school where the kids did a Walk for Diabetes and they wore pedometers. She doesn't ask for much, so when she made repeated requests for a rather practical item, we went ahead and got her the pedometer. Which she's been wearing. Every day. Like a middle-aged woman trying to lose weight.

Last night she and I walked to the library and had a lovely talk on the way there and back. She's an amazing kid and sometimes I have a hard time believing that I helped make something so spectacular. But then she burps or farts and I know she's all mine.

On the way back she checked her pedometer to discover that she had surpassed 10,000 steps, the number of daily steps recommended for adults. She was thrilled about this. And all was well.

1 comment:

Grandma Kintopf said...

Oh, how I love and miss these girls!