Thursday, July 28, 2011

Swimming and Diving


After August 4th I promise to post something every day for a month, but until then I'm just hanging on for dear life (blame graduate school). I did want to share this, however, because swimming and diving lessons ended today and I feel like this nicely captures the way I feel about my oldest daughter:

Cici is an awesome girl to have in class. She is fearless when it comes to diving! When she smacked doing a pike dive she got right back up, setting a wonderful example for the class. She is well on her way to reaching her dream of being a professional diver and swimmer. -Laura

This was written by her diving coach for the past 2 weeks. I often say she is fearless - not just about diving but about living life in general - and it makes me smile to see that others recognize this trait, too. I hope she doesn't lose this quality, because it will take her far.

1 comment:

Penn said...

This is somewhat personal but thought I would share with you after reading this post. Linda shared with my Mom that you both were pregnant in November 2001. Then Mom (the coolest woman I have ever known) died in March 2002. Then Cici was born in July 2002. I have always liked to believe that my Mom died and Cici was born to be a wonderful spirit after my Mom. I know it is my dream and my stuff but I am always thrilled to read about the independence of Cici since I believe my Mom was quite the independent person which carried her (and her family) far.