Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Political Incorrectness.

Some of you may remember that a while back we had some problems with Ruby referring to aliens as "Indians," thanks to one of her grandmothers who again shall remain nameless (Judy) having let her watch an old Dean Martin western spoof. I wouldn't have thought there was much that could be more mortifying than being out in a public place and having your child start shouting, "Help, help, the Indian is going to eat me!" . . .

. . . but apparently there is. Last night Cici started swim class at a local high school, and while Ruby and I were waiting for her to come out of the locker room afterwards, an East African student wearing a headscarf came walking up the hallway towards us. Ruby took one look and started shouting, "Help, help, a witch, a witch!"

Lord help us. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.