Thursday, June 5, 2008

The End of Kindergarten

Today is Cici's last day of school, and her last day at her current school. I'm sort of stunned by how quickly her Kindergarten year went -- how did that happen so fast?! I swear we just put her on the bus for the first time...

I'm truly amazed by how much she learned over the past nine months. She's reading like a pro (Recently she came across the word "clearance" and I thought it would trip her up -- nope! She hardly even paused and was all, "Is it ... clearance?"). She really seemed to get a lot out of her science classes, and she definitely takes after Dadam in the writing department. Hopefully she'll pick up math skills from somewhere deep in the gene pool, because lord knows Dadam and I can barely count the members of our own family of four.

I would call Kindergarten an overwhelming success, and her teachers and school were absolutely fantastic. Yay for public education! I'm so excited to watch her as she continues to learn and grow -- it's like the best present anyone ever gave me. Ever. Way to go, Cici!

(Note: Based on the behaviors we've seen so far, it appears as though Cici is headed for a dazzling future -- maybe even President someday. We're also certain that at some point Ruby will need to do jail time.)

No comments: