Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I suck.

Today has been a crazy day and schedules had to be rearranged to accommodate an early morning meeting for me (Momlissa). On the way to Dadam's office (late) I opened up my planner to discover that today was Cici's day to bring snack for the class, and I didn't send one with her this morning. I was horrified, as normally I'm on the ball with this sort of thing, and I totally freaked out imagining my poor daughter at school with no snack for her or her classmates.

After dropping Dadam off, I sped to the grocery store while having Dadam look up her class schedule online. Snack time is 9:45 and my next meeting was at 10:00. That gave me 20 minutes to get to school. I ran into the store, ran through the aisles, and checked out in a matter of seconds. I sped to the school. I ran down the hallway. I ran into the classroom only to discover....a bunch of first-graders sitting at their desks eating raisins. The teacher keeps a stash of snacks for the loser parents who forget to send snack, and they had already busted out raisins from the stash. Cici gave me a look like, "Nice job, dork" and I could tell she was disappointed in me. I apologized profusely and eventually she smiled and gave me a hug. I told her it will never happen again. And I mean it. I refuse to be one of those parents that can't get it together.

But for today, I suck.

No comments: