Friday, December 5, 2008

Cecilia

Yesterday we took the girls to a little tree-lighting ceremony at a coffee shop in Minneapolis. Dadam was going to play the pipes and I brought the girls along because we knew Santa was also going to make an appearance. I told this to the girls in advance and Cecilia started working on a letter to Santa straight-away. She wrote quite the little card, and when I read what she had written I had to laugh at my beautiful daughter -- she hadn't asked for a single thing. No, my daughter wrote a letter to Santa asking if he could please say "Ho Ho Ho" loud enough for her (and her sister) to hear, because she's never heard him say it when he brings presents on Christmas Eve. What 6-year old writes a lengthy letter to Santa and never once asks for him to bring presents?!

Sometimes I just cannot believe how big and good her heart is.

No comments: