Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Turkey Kielbasa

There hasn't been too much to report on the past several days -- we're just trying to keep up with our busy day-to-day life and get lots of stuff done in time for Christmas. The most exciting thing that's happened lately was a terrifying incident last weekend where Cecilia choked on a piece of turkey kielbasa, turned a horrific shade of red/purple, and I made my first-ever attempt at the Heimlich maneuver. Thankfully it only took one good thump on the back (as I positioned myself to perform the aforementioned maneuver) and the hunk of turkey kielbasa plopped onto the table. The whole thing only lasted a few seconds, but it was enough to scare the bejeezus out of both mother and child. Not sure who cried harder afterwards -- Cecilia or me (it was me). Not sure we'll be eating turkey kielbasa again any time soon...

In other news, our (gorgeous!) tree is up and the house is more or less decorated, so we'll have pictures to post in the next day or two. Stay tuned...

No comments: