Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jokes.

Dadam here – I have been derelict of my blogging duties as of late, but now that my marathon training is over I hope to do more posting here. My race was this weekend, and I was so touched at how many people came up to Duluth to support me – not just Momlissa and the girls, but representatives of all branches of our extended family as well. Thanks to all of you for making it so special.

As Momlissa already noted here, the girls were big boosters for me as I got ready for the big day. The Duluth race is known as “Grandma’s Marathon,” which led Ruby to tell Momlissa one day that soon I would be running in “your mom’s long race.” (Get it?)

One of the highlights of the weekend was the drive up, during which the girls were trying their hands at joke-writing. The results were sometimes amusing, sometimes painful, as Cici has almost but not quite wrapped her head around the concept of puns. (Typical example: “What do you call a coffee machine that attacks you? A killer cuppatino!”)

And Ruby’s contributions, as you might expect, were hilariously abstract:

RUBY: Why did the cow sit on the chicken’s eggs?
DADAM: I dunno, why?
RUBY: Because the chicken was on a date!

RUBY: What did the skeleton say when he got his birthday present?
DADAM: What?
RUBY: “Swordfight!”

No comments: