Saturday, January 7, 2012

Eventually It Fades


Last night I took the girls ice skating, Cecilia only for the second time and Rubes for the first time ever. Thankfully Auntie Sarah and Mike came along, because I quickly discovered that I am NOT a skater. The girls, however, fell in love and Ruby literally was crying when I told her to take her last lap because it was time to head home.


There were plenty of spills and falls to go around, and Cecilia in particular suffered her fair share of wipe-outs. At one point I asked her if she was okay, and if a nasty fall was still bothering her. She told me it hurt when you fall, "But eventually it fades." Poignant, no?

But I think the night was best summed up by Ruby, who hit the nail on the head with her analysis: "In order to be good at ice skating, you kind of have to know how to ice skate."

No comments: