Wednesday, February 1, 2012

News and Notes


  • This morning the bed contained 1 mom, 2 daughters, 2 cats, and a lot of giggling. This is how days should start.
  • The other morning I called the girls to the table for a meal, and I happened to have a piece of paper in front of me at the time. Cecilia: "Is that our agenda?"
  • I've been meaning to mention that Ruby was selected (elected?) to Student Leadership, and she is seriously enjoying this outlet for her opinions and ideas. Last month this meant she worked on a service project to collect household items for the less fortunate, and this month she worked with her peers to come up with some school spirit ideas. On Friday it's pajama day at school, and as she told me several times yesterday "I helped make that."
  • Over breakfast this morning (oatmeal!) Cecilia asked if I wanted to know about the book she just completed, and about 10 minutes in I asked if perhaps she could just hit the highlights so she would still have time to eat and get to the bus on time. Not only was she describing all the major plot lines, she included information on subplots, dialogue, and the scenery. Roughly half of this was shared while she held a piece of toast about 3 inches from her mouth. The child likes to read.

No comments: